Hepatitis B: is a serious disease caused by a virus that attacks the liver. The virus, which is called Hepatitis B virus (HBV), can cause lifelong infection, cirrhosis (scarring) of the liver, liver cancer, liver failure, and death.
This type is caused by Hepatitis B virus and can affect the persons who have not had protective vaccine injection. It can be transferred by using infected blood or syringe, sexual contact with infected person. When any body fluids of the infected person enter the body of a non-immune person, the virus will be transferred.
This disease can be treated by homoeopathy but it is not as easy as Hepatitis A. It needs careful study of the case and takes a long time to cure, may be about a few months.
All babies, beginning at birth, should get Hepatitis B vaccine. If vaccine was never given, children 0-18 years of age should get Hepatitis B vaccine.
- Your eyes or skin may turn yellow
- You may lose your appetite
- You may have nausea. vomiting, fever, stomach or joint pain
- You may feel extremely tired and not be able to work for weeks or months
- The best prevention is Hepatitis B vaccine.
- Do not donate blood if you are infected or have ever had Hepatitis B or C in your life.
- Always wash your hands after using the bathroom.
- Never forget to wash your hands before taking meals.
- Avoid eating from unhygienic places.
- Do not use personal care items of infected person i.e. tooth brush, shaving blades etc.
- Use boiled water as far as possible.
- No sexual contact with infected person.
- Do not use remainders of food or water used by infected person.
- Never use used syringe for injection.
- Do not receive blood from habitual donors.
- Do not donate blood if you are infected.
- Think of the risk involved if you are considering body piercing like nose and ears etc.